Saturday, February 17

Review of week 1 - Talk

  1. Talk
  2. Get off the Web
  3. Get Healthier
  4. Leave the House
  5. Join some Clubs
  6. Say Yes
  7. Spoil Myself

Lessons learned this week.

  • The only way to be confident is to be confident
  • The only way to change is to be start making changes.
  • And the only thing stopping me is a fear of making mistakes
Also
  • My colleagues and I fear drunken louts.
  • One way to change depressive thoughts is positive mental reinforcement and chocolate
  • And a good way to hold a meaningful conversation is to talk to a gay man.

More importantly, I learnt the one person I can always talk to is my boyfriend, even if he doesn’t always understand what I’m saying. One hour of ranting and pouring my heart out to him and the world seems that little bit brighter again. It’s like Prozac, which is possibly what he takes after listening to me.

It’s been harder than I thought to face parts of me I don’t like, harder still to start changing them, and even harder than that to make it funny enough for this blog.

But, the first step has been a success. I made a new friend, I’m more comfortable talking to my work colleagues, I got a sale and I found refuge and a whole new kind of love and acceptance in the arms of my man.

And best of all, I found that challenging myself can be fun. Even if it does make for incredibly dull reading.

1 comments:

Martlake said...

It does NOT make for incredibly dull reading. Please don't be discouraged!

This is a wonderful path you are walking. It is a rare privilege for your readers to be able to share such a thing.

This blog has re-incarnated as
The Freelance Guru!

Click to be Redirected.