Thursday, February 22

Relapse, don't do it

  1. Talk
  2. Get off the Web
  3. Get Healthier
  4. Leave the House
  5. Join some Clubs
  6. Say Yes
  7. Spoil Myself

With nothing to do and boredom kicking in I found myself sitting at my PC last night clicking between pages on Google Analytics. I've had 842 unique hits since the blog was created, 1,752 page views. 55% of my viewers use Firefox, 42% use internet explorer, and only 47% of my visitors were me.

In my head there was nothing wrong with my repetitive clicking. It wasn't really surfing, just Google, just filling time. But that's what I used to do, mindlessly flick between pages while life rushed past me. I have nothing to fill the gap with at the moment. I've read my Stephen King Collection, started and got bored with Tom Holt, Watched my Simpsons' downloads and DVDs, typed the whole of Edgar Allen Poe's the Raven from heart, had three baths, and spent a ridiculous amount of time staring at the Google homepage.

I need to find something to do in the meantime. I'm working late today. So long as it isn't raining I'll go to the park, watch the ducks, maybe to do some writing.

I'll probably end up staring at the skater boys though and wondering how to get them to comment on my blog.

09:41
Should really open the curtains before I write this things. Raining like a Gene Kelly Musical out there...

4 comments:

Miss Elle said...

Ok, to get the skater boys to comment on your blog... run up to them in the street, place a piece of paper in their hands with your web address on it, and then... RUN AWAY!

Lol! Do you have like a button type thing I could put on my MySpace page to link people to you? I feel you are worthy enough of a link button type thing :)

xxx Elesha xxx

Itsnopicknick said...

You obviously haven't clipped your toenails, plucked rogue hairs, walked along the road and rung random doorbells and run, baked cookies, done headstands against the wall, phoned your granny or crank called someone yet...only then can you claim to be bored!

Unknown said...

"Only 47% of my visitors were me"

LMAO! I love it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Elesha babe - what kind of size would this button type thingy idealy be?

Spoon - I've done the first two, does that count?

Angelika - :) It would be funny if it wasn't so true....

This blog has re-incarnated as
The Freelance Guru!

Click to be Redirected.